We are currently having some problems with our submission problem, which means you can't submit your creations at the moment.
We are working on fixing the problem.
We are currently having problem with the server responsible for handling stories uploaded from the Story Wizard, as well as downloading challenge files, programs and PDF tutorials. We are working on fixing the problem, but we don't know at this stage when it can be fixed.
For stories you can still add the stories manually in the story admin in the My TSR section.
Update: The file downloading is fixed now, but the story upload from the wizard will take some more time as we are moving it to a new server. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Update 2: Now story uploading from the wizard should work as well. We're very sorry for the delay in fixing this.
We've done a lot of work behind the scenes for the last week. Here are some of the visible fixes:
- A whole new comments section. Open your Dashboard and check out the new comments overview.
- Download History is now working properly and has been reformatted to suit better.
- The poll feature is improved and now has tabs for you to easily understand how to create/edit a poll.
There are many other small bugfixes not mentioned here - but that's it for now! :)
Today a bug with the profile pages that prevent your content to be browsable there has been fixed. However, having the content viewable there also requires our statistics to be updated, and this is something currently running. So if you still can't see your content on your profile page, rest assure that it will show up there very soon.
Today we have also changed so that the "Featured Items" pod that some of you might have added to your profile page by default list you latest creations if you not yet have featured any. If you want to pick what to show there instead, you should find the "Admin" link when viewing your own creations. Clicking it will give you the option to "Feature on Minisite".
We are also currently working on a lot of other things, both bug fixing, missing features, and completely new features. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned for new updates.
We have also added avatar images to comments and guestbook entries to make them more personal. Wait for the pages cache to clear in case you don't see them yet.
Some minor fixes include the ability to click on a profile/minisite banner to return to their index page. Hovering the members country flag will also display what country it is. Stay tuned for more fixes! :)
Some users have reported that whenever they try to go to page 2 of something, downloads for example, all they get is a blank page. This has been a major headache because we could not see any obvious reason for it.
With the help of users in support who have very been patient and have replied to a lot of questions we have finally been able to nail it down :)
It turned out that the problem is caused by Kapersky Internet Security, more specifically it is the Protection->Content Filtering->Ad Blocker setting that causes this when enabled.
A workaround is to add thesimsresource.com to the white list (click the settings button for Banner Ad Blocker, there is a white list tab).
We have reported this to Kapersky so hopefully this will not be necessary in the future.
It has been reported that Defender Pro Internet Security does the same thing, if you have it and have problems please try to whitelist.
As you may have experienced, we have had a few database related problems the last hour. This was due to locking situations when data is updated and retrieved at the same time, something you won't notice until there's a lot of traffic and new submissions going on at the same time. We have implemented a fix for that now, and hopefully things should run smoother now.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
As usual, here is a rundown of today's fixes (only mentioning the main ones):
- SA/FA badge added to their respective creations both in browse and details view
- Recommended/Required items are no longer cut off in browse view
- Kitchen & Bath stuff pack is now listed as a stuff pack, not expansion
- Bigger images for featured items, artist focus and upcoming items (this is a work in progress!), your feedback is welcome on this one
- Tutorials pod image fixed in size and image added on the tutorials content page (so you know what you clicked on!)
- New login option added for those with problems logging in, just mark the checkbox next to the login button and give it a try
We're working on a thank you button in browse view, new pods for the minisites + much more to come, stay tuned! :)
We've fixed many things behind the scenes, but some of the highlights so far today are:
- FA/SA no longer see ads (this is one of their privileges)
- Item ID is now displayed for each creation on the details page
- Set items are now hidden by default on the details page (to make it easier to see comments)
- Fixed broken download links on recommended and required items in both detail and browse view
- If you are logged in as a subscribeer, subscriber only items are no longer marked as Subscriber Only with a key icon
- Blog pods now update with the latest blog entry
- It is now more prominent when a creation has required items on the details page (title and link added in description)
- Search results (and suggestions) now show Sims 2 first instead of Sims 1
- Hitting the return key in Explorer when doing a search now works as intended in downloads browse view (didn't initiate search before)
We'll continue filling this list up tomorrow - enjoy! :)
Here's a summary of the bigger fixes today:
- There's a more prominent stats bar added to the downloads details pages.
- The credits field is back on the details pages (sorry everyone!).
- More info on the browse page, such as number of thanks and comments.
- Recommended items does no longer mark an item as having required items and is listed seperately from required items in browse view. If an item has both required items, recommended items and installation instructions, it will skip showing recommended items on the browse page (you will find them on the details page!).
- An error with the blogs pod has been corrected and it now shows the latest blog entries there.
- Finally the PM link on profile pages has been added back in!
Allow up to 4 hours for all changes to show due to caching.
Hope you like :)
We have detected that you are using an Ad-blocker plugin. This means our main source of income to cover bandwidth costs is blocked when you are using our free service. We would ask that you whitelist us and allow ads to show.
Anyone using an Ad-blocker plugin will be forced to wait 30 seconds instead of 10 on the "please wait" page.
For as little as $2.99 per month you can become a VIP member. This lets you use our service free of all ads and unlocks access to our popular Download Basket and Quick Download features.