Sims and Pets Submissions Requirements
More from this Author
Jun 07, 2012Problems with email
Feb 21, 2012How to export lots from The Sims 3
Feb 21, 2012How to fix beds and baths for Pets
Feb 21, 2012TSR Artist Panel
Jan 23, 2012TSR Download Basket
Submission Help by The Sims Resource added Jan 13, 2012, read 5850 times
1. EA Content
- All Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs you have MUST be listed in the description. Store Clothing must also be listed with a link to the page for download. Even if you used nothing from any expansion pack, you must still list them.
2. External Custom Content
- No more then 8 external Custom Content Items can be used and this includes sliders, hair and skin. By External we mean Custom Content not on TSR. You may not place links to Non PG-13 sites. Make sure the Skins you are linking are not on a page with anatomically correct naked sims.
- Make Sure you read other sites policies. If you are caught uploading from a site that does not allow you to, you will be permanently banned from Submitting Sims or Pets.
- All external links MUST be included directly to the download page (Not directly to the download link, but to the page it can be found), Not just the website and proper credit given to the creators. YOU MUST LIST EXTERNAL LINKS FOR ANYTHING ON THE SIM YOU HAVE PICTURED. Anything included on TSR that is not packaged with the Sim pictured, the same applies. Do not place Mediafire direct links or links of that type.
- Any reports of Sims not having required content will get one chance to fix the offense. If it's reported a second time, we will permanently unpublish the Sim.
- Items that are converted or retextured are considered stolen content and an automatic rejection reason. If you upload your Sim with this sort of content and it's reported, then your Sim will permanently be unpublished.
- Compressed files It has come to our attention that some creators are combining the dbc to save space. We cannot accept Sims from these games as .package files are attaching to the Sims3Pack Sim and this results in the downloaders getting content they cannot uninstall without deleting the DC Cache. You must build your sims in an uncompressed file or vanilla game. Importing the old Sim will not fix this problem.
- In the case of Pets You must list included and non included items Not on TSR. That is links must be provided for all CC whther included in the pet or not. In the case of Sims You must list all external credits and links whether included or not.
3. No Custom Content used
- We will accept Sims and Pets made with no CC. However, and this is most important, we must feel that there was some effort made to make a Sim and that it was not just generated randomly in CAS. It must be a Sim that was worked on and shows some creativeness.
- You must state in your description if you have No Custom Content pictured, no skins, and no sliders. Anything represented in your Screen Shot MUST be listed.
- If you have used no External CC then you need to state that as well in the Sim Description.
- An In Game preview, not in CAS, must be included in the upload. This means an un-photoshopped preview in game of how the Sim looks.
- Celebrity Sims MUST include a picture of the RL Celebrity and have a decent resemblance to that celebrity.
- Sim or Pet pictured, including clothing, MUST be the Sim or Pet that is representative of what the downloader will get in game.
- Sims must be pictured and made PG-13.
5. Screen Size
- Main Screenshot must be within the new guidelines of the 4:3 ratio good example being 800×600 Pixels. The largest will be 1024×768 pixels.
- You may only upload one Sim per day and 3 Sims per week
- Continual reports of Sims not being as represented for the downloader, missing links, or any of the above requirements may get you banned from Submitting Sims in the future.
- We no longer accept households of any type.
- All Sims and Pets coming through Submissions will be tested before approval. Testers will test to make sure the Sim is as pictured and no content is included that is not allowed. Please take this into consideration before submitting a Sim.