No description written...
- John, you've been a bad, bad boy, haven't you?
- I don't know what are you talking about, boss! - John replied with notable anger in his voice.
- My guys saw you around the house of that PR manager, Amanda...
- How did ... ?!?!?!
- Don't bother asking, John. I know everything! My guys watch every single step you make. As you can see, I'm well informed.
- We've just met, she doesn't know anything, so don't try to...
- To.. what? To harm her, maybe? Don't worry, I'm not that stupid as you.
I guess you didn't notice the connection John, let me explain you. She is a PR manager, a journalist in fact, poking around celebrities' life and her roommate Catherine is a police officer in collaboration with that detective, David, I presume. Isn't just a silly coincidence that Amanda chose YOU for that donation, huh, John? - It's not possible, she couldn't know everything.
- I don't know if she knows, but if I found out that she suspects in something, I'll have to eliminate her. Sorry John, that's how the things work in our operations.
- Please don't do that. I'll take care of her. I'll stop seeing her.
- Hm... Too suspicious. But, this time, I'll let you take care of this. If you do something wrong ...
- I'm aware of the consequences!
- No John, you're not. You can't even imagine what is going to happen with both of you if the police ruin this operation.
The Boss hung up the phone, and left John in deep thoughts. After that scary call from his Boss, John decided that the best solution is to stay away from Amanda May and somehow to disappear from her life. He made a decision - he's going away on a vacation of few months because of the "injury" he got on the field. He gave instructions to his butler in case someone tries to look for him, and started packing his things. - Working late, huh? Why don't you go upstairs, in the study? Remember, we have study now. - Cathe asked Amanda while entering the kitchen.
- Oh, I was making myself a coffee, and I clearly forgot about the time ... and the coffee.
- Obviously, we need a fun. I know I've been busy this month, but it'll be more easy to work as soon as I get my office.
- I don't need a fun. Hmm, let me see ... The last time I had some "fun", Matthew dumped me and got married, and John dumped me and disappeared. Maybe he got married too, or I don't know, he is kidnapped by aliens, or whatsoever.
- Haha, don't be silly my dear friend. Those two whiners do not deserve you and you shouldn't be sad ... I have a plan to boost your self-confidence.
- Oh really? And you're going to do ... what?
- We're going to throw a party due to my promotion and you'll meet my colleagues.
- Men in uniforms, huh?
- Sounds good to me! - Cathe winked. The guests had already arrived, when David rang the bell. Catherine was busy bragging about her promotion to other guests and asked Amanda to open the door.
- Well, hello mister...
- Gray. David Gray. Sorry I'm late, I had some work to do at the office.
- Oh, you don't have to apologize. Come on in. I'm Amanda May, Cathe's roommate.
- I've heard many things of you. I'm pleased to meet you.
- The pleasure is mine, David.
- Come on, let's have a drink together. - Cathe looks so busy chatting around with her colleagues, she forgot about her roommates.
- Technically, yes, because we're going to share our office.
- Oh, that's wonderful. She always speaks so good of you.
- I'm glad to hear that. So what do you do for living?
- I'm a journalist. Actually I work as a PR manager in the high school.
- Why does a high school need a PR manager?
- Well, it is a private school, so there are many spoiled parents and students that demand many answers and many donations, projects and stuffs, so I'm in charge of it. Actually, we are in the middle of a big project, connecting the school's soccer team with "The Spurs". Isn't that amazing?
- Oh really?
- Hey Cathe, now that you're the big girl in the station, could you recommend me to the chief?
- In your dreams, Atkins.
- You're still a naughty girl, haven't you noticed?
- Yep, and I like it. Especially with guys like you...
- Speaking of naughty ones, look at David ... He doesn't waste any time.
- Oh, I'm glad they finally meet each other. - I love this song, Amanda. Dance with me.
- Oh, I don't feel like dancing. Please.
But David didn't pay attention to her appeals to stop pulling her and started to dance. - See? It's not that hard. Besides, you look gorgeous while dancing.
- Oh, you're just saying that out of politeness.
- I mean it Amanda. - You and I should meet sometimes, maybe out at a restaurant. What do you think?
- I'm not sure...
- Come on, it'll be just a friendly drink or dinner. Actually, I'm interested in that donation with the soccer team.
- Oh yeah? And why are you so interested in that?
- For no special reason. I'm just inventing more reasons to meet with you again.
Amanda May giggled. Apparently, she believed in this. - You're avoiding me, Cathie.
- I'm not avoiding you... I just didn't have the time...
- I thought we are a couple. I guess that was only my imagination.
- It's not like that...
- And how is it? I've been trying to reach you in weeks, and you keep telling me how busy you are... You can tell me and it's over. OK?
- No, Marc, I didn't mean it that way, It's just ... I'm not ready for a relationship, and ... Look, this isn't the right time to talk about this. We'll meet this weekend, and we can talk more relaxed, OK?
- It never is Catherine, I'm tired of playing games with you. We don't have nothing to talk about anymore. Have a nice evening, the party was great, but I'm leaving now.
- Hey ...
- Bye Catherine! - Hey Cathe, for a moment I thought that you forgot about us ...
- No... I had to take care of the guests ... so many people...
- Honey, are you okay? You look confused...
- No, no, I guess its from the drink.
- Well, I need a drink and I'll get you some water Cathe.
- Tnx Mandy. - Amanda is amazing, partner. Thanks for inviting me at your party. Although, there is something I want to talk about with you.
- Oh, what's the problem?
- Remember how we were investigating the smugglers of weapon and we found out that they are somehow connected with the sports transfers?
- Yes, and..?
- The Spurs are making a huge donation for unknown reasons to a private high school, which Amanda is in charge of.
- What are you trying to tell me? That somehow The Spurs are connected to the weapon smuggling and Amanda is in middle of it. It can't be true.
- It's not the right time to talk about it, we'll reopen the case at the office. I have to go now, say bye to Amanda. - How come a lady drinks alone?
- Heh, ladies aren't allowed to drink alone?
- No Ma'am, I was trying to start a conversation...
- Well, thanks for the drink, but my friends are waiting me...
- The party is over, huh?
- Yes, and look at this mess. I wonder who's going to clean this up...
- Your partner didn't say good bye.
- He had to leave, but he asked me to tell you how sorry he is, and of course, that he would love to invite you out to dinner.
- And in this whole situation, how involved are YOU? - Well... he asked me to meet him with some of my girlfriends and I thought that it would be wonderful if you two meet.
- So, he wasn't asking for ME, he was asking for random friend of yours.
- Maybe started in that way, but be sure that he got interested in you, and he'll call for you. - So, what do you think?
- He's handsome, charming ... he has good sense of humor, but I don't know anything yet.
- You'll see how good man he is. I'm going to bed now, I'm tired.
- See you tomorrow.
- Thank God it's Saturday.
Is there a happily ever after? - Part II
Jan 15, 2011 by JeciMK
Moderator actions: Unpublish
Report this Story:
If you find a problem with this story or wish to report inappropriate content, click here