Thanks to all the CC Creators!
- Danielle Capalan: from Pralinesims
- Kevin's headphones: LJ Gaming headphones
- Danielle's red butterfly earrings: Christmas earrings by Steadyaccess.
Thanks to all the CC Creators!
- Danielle Capalan: from Pralinesims
- Kevin's headphones: LJ Gaming headphones
- Danielle's red butterfly earrings: Christmas earrings by Steadyaccess. “You!” I opened my eyes wide and then closed them back right after, trying to hide my surprise and discontent. Of all people I was about to apply for a job by this jerk. Story of my life. I wish I had gotten the address wrong, but I am way too good at directions (unlike most women) “I told you we would meet again!” he said In turn, opening his eyes wide as if he had seen an alien. A beautiful alien, from the way he undressed me with his eyes.
“Yes, it’s me! Kevin Rucker! The unique, fabulous, amazing, only Kevin Rucker! You can keep staring my lady…. Yes, have a good look at this fantastic body. Everybody woman in Starlight Shores wants her piece of the cake, and you can have yours too.
“ Every woman in Starlight Shores is blind. “ I replied, externalizing my boredom following his self-centered and arrogant speech. He’s so full of himself, and he’s not even all that! Yes he is a male reality TV star, yes he’s the so called “ starlight Male Beauty”, and yes he has endorsement deals with hundred of males cosmetic lines, but he really isn’t all that. He turned around:
“ Are you saying you’re not thrilled to work here, next to the fabulous Kevin Rucker? Come on, it’s every girl’s dream to be as close to me as two feet, or closer… you surely remember those good old days where your mind would go all crazy whenever I appear on a TV commercial! He winked.
This guy is funny. He really thinks he’s all that, doesn’t he?
Listen, I interrupted. I don’t know where you got that idea that you are Mr Casanova, but the only and only reason I’m here is because I saw this job opening! Nothing more, nothing less.
He continued: "I thought you said there’s nothing I could offer you that you don’t already have! ( oh shoot.. I remembered I had said it in the fight we had in the street. ) I guess you are accustomed of saying lies, and as a baseline, I can rightly assume everything you said since you entered here was a total lie!
He laughed, victorious. I didn’t appreciate being humiliated that way, especially by him.
“I can offer you so much more Bella, only if you let me…”
He said flirtily. He took some liberties and had a glance at my chest. “Don’t even think about it, I said. He looked back up at my eyes level, and smiled. And forget about the job, I don’t want it. Find somebody else.
- What?! He exclaimed surprised, as he didn’t expect me to turn that offer down.
Despite of how badly I needed that job, I had to walk out of there with my head high. I couldn’t let him think he had something on me – and as a matter of fact I would never let any man think so – and it was even more important now because this guy was too egotistic.
“ In your face!” my mind screamed with joy.
Before I could make my way out, he blocked me.
“ Not so fast, Bella.”
“ 10 000 simeleons a week!” he screamed. Jaw drop. Raised eyebrows.
What!!!!???? A week!? That was my salary after 4 months at my past job!! With that money I would be able to pay my bills on time, repair my broken car, save enough for my annual summer vacation to Paris with Jackie and have so much more left!
They say you would be surprised what people could do for money, and at that moment I was surprised about what I was going to do for money.
At that moment, his pretentious attitude and delusions of grandiosity seemed like nothing I couldn't handle; and all I could think about was how I was going to spend my first salary! Nevertheless, I couldn’t display too much excitement, and if I was going to work with him it was imperative that I set some ground rules.
“ Fine, I will take the job. I said in a well composed voice. But there are some rules that you will have to…
“ Yeah Blablabla, whatever. I make the rules, don’t follow someone else’s.”
He rudely interrupted, turning his head in the air as if he couldn’t care less about what I had to say. How insulting! I couldn’t believe he had the last word, and seeing him so proud of it made me sick inside. I mentally punched myself as I started to regret taking this job, realizing what I would have to deal with on a daily basis. “ Kevin Rucker!!?? You work for Kevin Rucker? The Bachelor!!!?? Oh my goodness Danielle, that is huge! Any woman in Starlight Shores would kill for that job!! He’s like… the “ David Beckham” of Starlight Shores!.. well, except that he doesn’t play soccer, he plays women.
That was Jackie’s reaction when I told her about my new punishment job.
“ I still remember how my mind would go crazy whenever they will air the Bachelor, or whenever he appears on a TV commercial!”
“Seriously Jackie? That’s exactly what he said to me. I can’t believe you’re one of those. Come on, he’s really not all that.”
“You mean hot, super sexy and romantic?! Girl you are insane! Jackie continued. He’s the bomb! I have a collection of all the seasons of “ The Bachelor”, I have 3 huge full size posters of him, and sometimes at night I dream that I am the one receiving the rose! Now if you are not crazy about Kevin Rucker, you have a problem!” Jackie, you’re supposed to be on my side, not his! He’s an idiot, a jerk and is too disdainful! I just can’t stand him! I complained.
-Fine, you don’t like his attitude. But you don’t need to like him to work for him. 90% of people in starlight Shores hate their bosses, but still work for them!”
“ It doesn’t make it okay, Jackie! And you really don’t know what kind of attitude we are talking about here. I wish you were there to see that smirk on his face, just the thought of it makes me sick. I haven’t even started yet, and I already hate my job.”
It was lost cause to try to explain to Jackie why I disliked it so much, she was way too fond of him ( as all his other fans were) to understand.
Before I knew it, the bartender approached us and turned his attention towards Jackie:
" May I buy you a drink?" " Yes you may..." She replied, giving him the seducing eyes. She would never miss an opportunity to receive favours from a good looking guy; Jackie had some kind of charm that would drive any guy crazy.
As he walked her towards another table, she winked at me: yes! Jackie's night had just started. Later on they monopolized the dance floor as Jackie kept bouncing and swinging , teasing him with her alluring dance moves... "Buddy, the chick from this morning was hot! And there was just... something about the way she spoke to you, she wasn't like any of the usual girls, I love that...She drives me crazy, I want her!" " Back off Jared, she's mine! And in the dating world, what she did today is called Playing hard to get. But don't worry, it's just a matter of time... Soon she will come around crawling like all the others and begging me to be with her...
I'll fix her." So today was my first day of work. I had my fingers crossed, hoping that my arrogant boss didn't have " Pushing Danielle's button" on his to-do list. As I walked into the kitchen, I lifted my head up to see who was coming down the stairs... Ladies feet? It must be his girlfriend. Who will be silly enough to date this guy? Anyways, let me not judge. Everybody needs some love. I chuckled. She walked pass me straight, not even acknowledged my presence ( not that I care, but I still expect any adult above the age of 21 to have some manners).
She might not know the language, I told myself.
Confidently heading to the kitchen, she helped herself and grabbed a sandwich from the fridge.
She then went back upstairs, as if she had never been there.
" Kevin Rucker has a girlfriend. That would surely make a buzz in my upcoming article." " So have you met Leila?" Kevin asked as he was coming down the stairs, with a smile on his face. I wondered why he was wearing a suit, probably to look at his reflection in the mirror and realize how good he looked.
- Is she relevant to my work? I asked.
- No, but I thought you might want to know...
- Well if she's not relevant to my work, I dont need to meet her. The most she can have is a morning greeting, which she didn't seem to be interested in anyway. " If you don't care as you pretend not too, why does it bother you so much that she didn't greet you?" He asked with a smirk on his face.
- Let's just say with all the " hype" that you give yourself and your thoughts of grandiosity, the least you could do is to pick a girlfriend with manners. Anyway, let's just forget about this before you start thinking something else. What's up with the suit? " What's up with the dirty plate next to you?" he replied.
- I am your personal assistant, not your cleaning lady.
He giggled. " Anyways! I have a business meeting planned here in the next half an hour. It's with the representative of a new Insurance Company, they want me to sign with them and be a co-owner. I can't blame them, everybody wants a piece of me... I have to look professional, so I would like you to set up my office.
- Half an hour? That's not enough time! Can't you move the appointment to a later time?
- I am afraid not, Bella. I have a series of interviews later on this afternoon that I cannot miss. "
Now it was up to me to come up with something good within a limited time. "I did the best I could for a half an hour job!"
"Wow"! he screamed, entering his newly re-decorated office.
" I used some red curtains that I found in the storage room, I thought red and black look classy. I brought your printer downstairs to print the contract right away, and 2 bottles of your favourite wine to seal the deal." He walked inside to have a closer look and observed every single thing, not knowing what to say.
He then came back outside. " How did you know it was my favourite wine? he inquired.
- Let's just say... I always do my homework and try to know who I work for.
" Full of surprises, huh? What else don't I know about you?"
The doorbell rang. " It must be your business meeting." I diverged. " Mr Rucker, I am glad we can finally meet! I am Kimberly Anora, representative of the Young Athletes Insurance Company...
- And you are a beautiful woman, he interrupted, switching his brain to the flirty mode. Why don't you let me call you Kim and we will take it from there." " Anything for you Sir... She winked, walking to her sit. Let's start this meeting, shall we?"
" I love the way this conversation is heading.." He murmured. While his business meeting was going on, I was preparing coffee. I couldn't help but over hearing their conversation, and from the way that woman was laughing it didn't sound very " business-y". " So like I was saying earlier Mr Rucker; our policy covers all young athletes who present with symptoms of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis up to 6 months before the date of confirmatory diagnosis." " Yeah right, I agree! He replied, distracted. Aren't you charming, caring about the future of the young athletes... Starlight Shores definitely need more people like you, and by Starlight Shores I mean me, and by you I mean you..." " Oh don't say that, Mr Rucker. You're flattering me, I am just doing my job. They need someone to stand up for them, and I do what I have to do." He exited his office and came into the kitchen to get the coffee.
"Isn't she charming? Such a sweetheart, I already love her!" " Of course you do! - I replied - And I love the way she's going to rob you of your money in no time!"
- What do you mean? he inquired. " Come on, Kevin. Don't tell me you bought that. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease and most commonly affects the elderly. The juvenile type, which affects young adults is very rare. And in the case of an athlete, do you really think he will wait up to 6 months to present to the hospital after experiencing a debilitating joint pain?" " Wait. - He stopped me - What are you implying?
- I am saying that investing in this insurance policy will ruin you. Odds are, it's probably a scam." " Don't you think I would have realized it if I was about to be fooled? He said, trying to reboost his selt - esteem.
- Yeah, of course. The same way you realized that they sent a hot blonde to represent the company, knowing exactly how you feel about women in half skirts.
He took some time.
- Are you sure about this?
- I can smell a scam from afar. But you are Kevin Rucker, do what you want." "So are we going to make that deal, Mr Rucker? Or... Kevin, if I may...?
Looking at her straight in the eyes, he replied:
- No, I am not interested. You can worry about your young athletes on your own. " I was really looking forward sharing that bottle of wine with you, Kevin. She said, making her exit.
- So was I, Kim. So was I." " I sent her home." He declared, as I was walking back in the kitchen. I looked at him, wondering what he wanted me to do with that statement.
- Good for you." He blocked my way. It seemed like he had been doing a lot of that lately. He stood straight in front of me,face to face.
" You saved me. Why? Why did you do it? Because you care about me?" He smirked again. That smirk just irritates me. " You wish. The truth is if she had robbed you from all your money, there wouldn't have been enough left to pay me."
To be continued...
Thanks for reading! Muah!!
The Bachelor - 2
Report this Story:
If you find a problem with this story or wish to report inappropriate content, click here