Even the walls have ears
- Yeah, but to be honest I can't see myself being a huge rock star
- Why not?
- Screaming fans and huge stages, just not my thing...
- I thought you wanted to be a musician
- And I do, but perhaps composing would suit me better.. Like Andrew Lloyd Simmer.. Speaking of screaming fans, a certain Dill Garden was getting more and more of them, for all that not all of them were screaming constantly. At least not the male fans, the women were a completely different thing... - Oh Mister Garden, I would do anything to get to spend the night with you!
- Smile, Mister Garden, this will be in the headlines tomorrow: Dill Garden, the womanizer! - Umm... Miss, you do know I'm married, right?
- Of course but I want to become famous as Dill Garden's hot mistress!
- Eh, I have to say no thanks to the offer... I have the perfect wife at home and I would do nothing to lose her.. And your hands are too messy anyways Dommithilde was indeed the perfect wife, especially since she had given up even the nightly walks in the forests. One could say she was a changed sim but Dommithilde had still the urge to steal things. She had simply learned to control herself.
And as always, a new addiction helps too... Most days at the Garden house, and nowadays it even could be called a house, rolled by in the same way. On the morning the kids would leave for work and school and Dommithilde would go and tend her garden while Dill would sleep till noon. Once Dill was awake, Dommithilde would come to the room and greet her husband with a kiss. Once her husband was happy and munching his lunch, Dommithilde would start another daily routine: cleaning the whole house from the basement to the roof tiles.
On the evening when the kids, for all that Elderberry was no longer a kid, were home, Dommithilde would prepare dinner and once the dinner was finished, everyone would settle down to their own little things. Eggplant would usually do his homework while Dommithilde would read the latest novel of the famous writer Spladoum. Her fame had reached even the small island of Galaad and Dommithilde hoped that all the other famous sim-writers would expand their promotional campaigns to Galaad as well. Elderberry on the other hand wasn't interested in reading fictional books. All she cared about was business and economics and she would read the newspaper for hours and hours. Eggplant didn't quite understand how dry digit-based analyses could be so fascinating that his sister would throw Eggplant and his guitar out of the room... Eggplant and the guitar. Guitar and Eggplant. There never had been a couple as inseparable as these two. The guitar followed Eggplant to school and wherever the boy went. Eggplant would always keep the guitar close, which had gained him some questionable reputation. The girls on Galaad always referred to Eggplant as 'Justin Simber'. Sometimes Elderberry would get so tired of her brother's mooning for love and guitar playing that she would escape to the one and only house on Galaad that was properly alien-proof. Aunt Dasheen and Elderberry had always had a close relationship and Elderberry was very fond of her cousins. - Guys! The breakfast is ready, come now or I'll eat it all! - Jere, drag yourself out of the bed, Berry has prepared breakfast for you...
- Will you join us Raf?
- Nah, I just fed from this girl I met at the Loft...
- Ewww spare me the details... But please, do come downstairs with me, Berry is so rude at times
- Sure bro - Jere, I think those stripes suit you very well, you just bought a bit too little fabric...
- Umm, this is my underwear
- Like I said, too little fabric, we don't want to see your legs
- RAF! - Diego, the kids are fighting again... Are you sure the aliens haven't abducted them and replaced them with some alien-gangsters?
Diego said nothing. After all he was just a teddy bear, and his name wasn't even Diego, it was Lord Snugglecuddle III, named by Diego Jimenez, 5 years old. The few evenings when Dill didn't have parties or clubs to attend, he would concentrate on his SimFu practices. SimFu had a very important role in Dill's life, mostly because he wanted to stay in good shape and SimFu also made him feel younger. - So kid, you want to become an actor? That's not an easy profession and you would probably be better off with a doctor's degree or even in the police force. Acting is not for everyone, it takes more than just good looks...
- Oh wow Mister Garden, you really are the best!
Jere Garden was listening in. He was a huge fan of his uncle's but he was too shy to tell him that. Maybe someday... Dill Garden was a busy sim, especially now that there had been a new VIP lounge opened on Galaad. It was the one and only VIP lounge on the island and Dill Garden was the only VIP on the island. - Finally! Peace and solitude without those annoying fans pestering me with their ridiculous suggestions!
- Would you like a tapas plate, Sir? It is on the house...
- What? Nononononono, don't you have anything vegetarian?
- I am afraid that we don't, I sincerely apologize, Mister Garden
- What kind of place is this??? Well, pour me a drink, please
- Naturally, Sir, stirred or shaken? - DILL GARDEN!!!!! How dare you???
- Umm, excuse-me Miss, my sister has arrived...
Dill had arranged some time for him and Dasheen, so that they could catch up on each other lives' and then spend the next decade without any contact.
- How dare you socialize with other sims when you are supposed to spend time with me?? Besides, she could've been a hostile alien for all we know...
- Nice to meet you too, Dasheen - So sister, what do we have planned?
- Well, there are two options... We could go and attend the annual anti-alien conference or...
- I'll go for the second option The second option proved to be a football match and while Dill wasn't a big fan of this kind of messy events, he had a blast. And once the match was over, Dill and Dasheen had gotten enough of each other's company so they went their own ways, with paparazzi following Dill. - Haven't seen you here before...
- Well, everyone else went to the local pub tonight so I came here
- Yeah, it's always quiet here on game nights.. May I get you a drink? It's on the house...
- No thanks, I want something to eat.
The bartender sighed. Such a lovely lady, but so proper. A bit too proper even... But Elderberry could care less about what the bartender thought about her. She had come here to have fun... Alone. But all the fun has to come to an end... When the Loft closed, Elderberry decided to head home. And fast, once she saw the strange sim coming out of the building. Elderberry didn't know where the bartender had stolen that outfit, or why, for that matter but she knew very well that she didn't want to know.
One more reason to stay away from other sims. One could say that Dommithilde Garden was a loner but this wasn't the case. Dommithilde was very good friends with her in-laws, for all that they had been dead for decades. Cartier didn't visit Dommithilde's garden as often as Cherry but every time he did, he would catch up on the gossip with Dommithilde.
Of course Dommithilde had real friends too, although this one was undead... But having a vampire friend was very convenient for Dommithilde, who was still quite nocturnal after all the years of stealing park benches and trees. And then there was Cherry, Dommithilde's closest friend. They would talk and gossip till dawn about various subjects, mostly about Dill.
- Dear, he's a star nowadays, there's not much you can do about it...
- I know, I just feel so lonely here during the days... Plants can't talk, you know..
- Yes, I know... But Cherry would always be gone in a second. It would leave Dommithilde standing there by herself, wondering if she had imagined everything....
Gardener's Dream - Chapter 45
Mar 2, 2011 by YrS92
Moderator actions: Unpublish
Report this Story:
If you find a problem with this story or wish to report inappropriate content, click here